DURATION: Three Years
An applicant will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of his/her score in The Research Entrance Aptitude Test (TREAT). The final selection for admission in Ph.D will be based on the candidate’s performance in the interview subject to scoring minimum marks.
EXEMPTION FROM ENTRANCE TEST:
Candidate shall have qualified in the NET / SLET / SET examination or have M.Phil. Degree in the concerned subject from UGC recognized University are exempted from the entrance test (TREAT) and directly appear in the Interview.
All the Ph.D. students shall take up the course work in the main campus of the University and this is compulsory for both full - time as well as part – time candidates.
However, a students with a M.Phil. degree is exempted from the Ph.D. course work and those who passed Ph.D. course work from UGC recognized university.
The Ph.D. course work of 16 credits. All Ph.D. Students shall undertake and complete the Ph.D. course work of 240 hours of contact and self-study which may conducted over one semester.
A fixed number of Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships will be offered by Ashoka University to support the PhD students as per the rules and regulations. However, qualifying the admission process does not guarantee fellowship to the candidate.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for RA and TA ships @ Rs.12,500/- p.m.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) for RA and TA ships @ Rs.15,500/-p.m.
A contingency grant of Rs. 20,000 per annum will be made available to each TA or RA.
HOW TO APPLY:
On-campus housing will be provided by University only if it is available. In case on-campus housing is not available, Rs. 2,000 pm rent allowance will be paid towards off-campus housing.
Application Form and other details can be downloaded from links given below.
The Application Processing and Entrance Test Fee is given below.
- INR 2,500/- for Non-APST ( Non-Arunachal Pradesh Scheduled Tribe ) candidates.
- INR 1,500/- for APST (Arunachal Pradesh Scheduled Tribe) candidates.
The fee must be paid through a demand draft payable to "APEX PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY" payable at Pasighat (Arunachal Pradesh)
SCHEDULE AND IMPORTANT DATES:
|Last date for Application
|Result of APU TREAT
||15th - 20th August
|Student Supervisor meet for Ph.D.
|Last date for Admission
||Category of Candidate
||Research Fee Per Semester
||Ph.D. (Full Time)With Fellowship
||Ph.D. (Full Time)without Fellowship
||Ph.D. (Part time)
||Ph.D. (International Students)
||US $ 2,000
- Enrollment Fee: INR. 10,000/- per semester,
- Course work examination fee: INR 5,000/-,
- Thesis Evaluation Fee: INR 15,000/- plus actual cost.
- Library Fee: INR 640/- per Semester
- Laboratory Deposit: INR10,000/- (Refundable)
- Other Fees as per Prospectus of the University.